Ioannis Valmas LLB, LLM, (BSc), MSc, is a Greek Lawyer, Trial Attorney (Barrister at Law) and a Member of the Athens Bar. He is the Managing Partner of Valmas Associates.
Real Estate, Aviation, Shipping, Commercial, Contracts & Sales, Inheritance Law, Litigation, ADR, Investment Migration, Negligence & Claims, Foreign Judgement Enforcement, International Law, EU Law.
1. He was awarded his LLB (Hons) from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth in 1999.
2. He also successfully completed a year of studies at the International Politics Department of the University of Wales in the field of International Relations towards his BSc(Hons) Degree.
3. In 2003, the Board of Examiners in Law of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, awarded him the Bird and Bird Prize in Law, in his law school for his work on issues of international law, jurisdiction and the Internet.
4. During the same year he was also awarded a scholarship and attended the i-Law program at Stanford Law School (Center for Internet & Society) and Harvard Law School (Berkman Centre for Internet & Society).
5. He was awarded his LLM in International Business Law in 2004.
6. He received his second LLB by the Hellenic Democritus University of Thrace in 2008.
7. He constantly attends seminars on current Greek legislative reforms in areas of law within his field of expertise.
8. Currently he is studying part time (via Distance Learning) towards a MSc in Shipping from Plymouth University (admission October 2016).
• 2004, Greece. He is licensed to practice law throughout the territory the Hellenic Republic, Greece since 2008.
• Athens Bar Association
• Hellenic Property Owners Association
• International Bar Association
• International Technology Law Association
• Investment Migration Council
Career & Professional Experience:
Joined Valmas Associates - Greek Law Firm (www.athenslawoffice.com) in 2008.
• Ioannis has advised and represented overseas law firms, large corporations, overseas government bodies, companies and private entrepreneurs or individuals throughout his career.
• Ioannis was a member of the first team implementing the platform of Creative Commons in Greece and introduced it to Greek scholars in the Kapodistrean Law School of the University in Athens before it was finally implemented in Greece.
• He is currently working on assignments with Corporations & Law Firms from abroad advising on theirs or their clients' legal matters in Greece.
• He is a trial attorney (barrister) with experience in the courtrooms.
• He is constantly being rated with 5 star reviews available on request. Some are publicly available through Martindale Client Reviews and Lawyers.com Reviews as well as on Reviews on Social Media.
• He is a tech-savvy lawyer thus enabling fast responses and exchange of data and communications in a state of the art manner.
Ioannis is actively engaged in writing on legal issues and has been widely published in recent years. Many of his articles and bibliography can be found at the blog section of our office page. His writings include legal opinions, exclusive chapters on Greek Law on the topics of Greek real estate law and Greek aviation law, legal articles etc.
George Alexopoulos, LLM, External Associate, owner of Alexopoulos & Associates, is a Greek trial attorney appointed at the Appellate Court. He is based in our affiliate office in Thessaloniki, Greece.
EU Law, Tax Law, Criminal Law, Real Estate Law
Athina Dima, LLB, External Associate, Trial Attorney.
Criminal Law, Trademarks, Patents, Family Law
Theodore Liakakos, LLB, External Associate, Public Notary.
Contracts and Sales, Corporate Law.
© 2019 Valmas Associates | Greek Law Firm