1. Types of personal information do Valmas Associates collect about you? We may collect personal information from you when you contact us to seek legal advice or apply for employment or obtain information about this website. The personal information that we process includes:
Basic information, such as your name, the company you work for and your title or position
Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
Financial information, such as payment-related information
Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data
Information you provide us for employment purposes
Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
2. How personal information is obtained by you?
We collect information from you in the course of providing legal services to you;
We collect information about you when you provide it to us;
We collect information about you when you apply for employment;
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources
3. How do Valmas Associates use your personal information? Valmas Associates collect and process personal information about you for the following purposes:
To provide legal services to you;
To provide information requested by you;
To provide you with newsletters, briefings and other publications which we believe may be of interest to you;
To manage and administer our relationship with you, including updating your records, conducting conflict checks and for billing purposes;
To appoint third party professionals to act on your behalf and outsource specific activities that are critical for the delivery of our legal services;
To fulfill our legal obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
For the purposes of recruitment and the performance of the employment contract
4. Instances of use of your personal information We use your personal information on the following instances:
To perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide legal services
For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or proceedings
To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
For legitimate business purposes
For carrying out the obligations and exercising the rights in the field of employment and social security legislation, in accordance with applicable law
If we have your consent, where this is required
5. How long do Valmas Associates keep your personal information? Your personal information will be retained for as long as required for the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action and Valmas Associates business purposes.
6. Whom is your personal information shared with? Unless you have provided us with your explicit consent, we shall not disclose your personally identifiable information outside Valmas Associates, except for third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf or where we are required to do so by law or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
7. Which countries do Valmas Associates transfer your personal information to? In order to provide our services, we may need to transfer your personal information to locations outside of Greece. However, we will only transfer your data within the European Economic Area (EEA). If we transfer your data to a location outside the EEA, we will implement adequate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
8. How do Valmas Associates protect your personal information? We use a variety of technical and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws. All our employees and third parties we engage to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information. However, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
When you submit data through a form such as those found on the contact page, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
We provide the functionality necessary to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it, and in order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
This site uses Google Analytics to help us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. Google Analytics cookies may track how long you spend on the site and which pages you visit.
We also use a social media plugins on this site, that allows you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the social media sites or third parties providing a plug-in service to social media sites, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on the social media site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined on their respective privacy policies.
Ioannis Valmas is appointed before the Court of Appeals and regulated by the Athens Bar Association (License No. 30492). We are licensed to practice law throughout the territory of the Hellenic Republic, Greece. Our registered office is situated on Ippokratous 10-12 str., Athens, 10679, Greece and we bear VAT No. EL126271259.